ALS Compass is now approved by national Auditors!
ALS Compass is a sampling intelligence that integrates complete data management from planning through to results.
See what Auditors have to say about ALS Compass...
I have reviewed the features and functionality of ALS Compass against the relevant elements of NEPM/AS4482.1 and believe the application will not only allow concurrence with NEPM but should also reduce the elements of error (or the opportunity to create errors) in the process.
The system is not only robust, but simple and uses readily available technology, which is easily reproducible and trackable and hence can stand-up to the process of rigorous auditing.
The sooner such a system as this is implemented, the easier it will become for both consultants and subsequently auditors/regulators to have added confidence in the sample recording and handling process and associated QA/QC.
- Robin Wagland
A key objective of both state and national guidelines is to ensure contamination assessment and remediation works consistently meet appropriate standards. The ALS Compass app is closely aligned with this objective and has in-built QC functionality to reduce or eliminate errors in data management and handling from the project planning phase through to field execution and reporting of results.
Accurate development and completion of chain of custody documentation is a fundamental part of robust field QAQC execution. The Compass App enables automatic creation of the COC form but maintains sufficient flexibility to enable changes to be made in response to any required changes to the as-built SAQP to meet the Data Quality Objectives (DQOs).
- Steve Morrison
Technical Director, WA
How will a sampling app help?
- Sampling can be planned at any time directly in the app.
- Built-in checks and balances ensure all samples are taken.
- ALS Quotation documents available directly from the app.
- Sampling containers include barcode identity.
- No more handwriting on sample bottles.
- Automatic creation of COC document.
- Managers can check submissions remotely before they are submitted to ALS.
- GPS locator with the option for photos and sample meta data adds to a more complete story around capturing the sampling event.
The ALS Compass app is available to download on the App Store and Google Play.