Ultrasonic testing is an advanced method of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) involved with the detection of internal discontinuities in welded components. This upgrade of knowledge and skill will be your foundation as you learn how to correctly scan different configurations of welded components and determine the type, location and size of internal discontinuities.
It is important that once you complete your training you can apply your new knowledge and skills in ‘real life’ situations. The goal of this course is to provide you with not only the ‘how’ but also the ‘why’ aspects to Ultrasonic Testing. By knowing why you need to undertake certain processes, you will understand their importance and what to do when you’re faced with scenarios you have not seen before.
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of the use of ultrasound in NDT of welds, including:
- Sound wave theory
- Reflection and refraction
- Ultrasonic testing equipment
- Testing methods and calibration
- Ultrasonic shear wave probes
- Ultrasonic weld scanning techniques
- Ultrasonic weld testing related codes and standards
- Recording and reporting requirements
- UT equipment calibrations
- Weld scanning, interpretation and evaluation of reflections
- Defect locating and sizing
- Ultrasonic test performance control
To complete this course successfully, you will need to be certified as Ultrasonic Plate and Thickness Testing (UTT) technician and have a competent level of algebra. As we want you to have a positive course experience, when you enrol into this course we will give you access to our online courses:
- ‘Mathematics for Advanced Methods’
- ‘Ultrasonic Plate and Thickness Testing’
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone that wants to learn how to conduct ultrasonic testing. Experience in ultrasonic testing e.g. UTT is required for this course. If you want to become certified, you will need to gain the relevant practical experience before applying for certification.
Course Fee – $3,750 (GST exempt & includes exam fee)